Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Welcome to the Family

Stephen (14 yrs)- I asked Christ into my life only a couple of months ago and received the Baptism of the Holy Spirit even more recently than that. As you can imagine, I was super excited for the outreaches Good News Church was having. I hardly ever missed a meeting during the first two weeks of IMPACT but this particular day stuck out to me. Wesley and I were at East Augusta Commons when we met two ladies and several children standing on a porch. Wesley presented the gospel and both women were saved.  However when one of the ladies started walking, I noticed that she was in a great deal of pain. She explained that she had arthritis in her knee. After we told her about the miracle of God's healing power, I laid hands on her and spoke to the arthritis. She was a little better...so wetook authority over the disease again and the pain in her knee was completely gone. She was as excited as I was!  Earlier I said that this particular day stuck out to me and that's because that this incident was MY first healing miracle. The fact that I am still a young christian doesn't mean I can do anything less than anyone else in my new church family. The same power flowing through them flows through me too. I'm looking forward to giving more life to others; there are more miracles to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment