Monday, August 23, 2010

Wobbly Legs Strengthened!

Tori (18 yrs) - I was in East Augusta Commons with Miss Janie. We came across a woman on her porch, holding on to a post. Her legs were wobbling.  She told us she had to use a walker to walk or she would collapse.  I shared that Jesus went about doing good and healing all that were sick and He sent us to do the same.  I asked her if she wanted to be free of that walker, she declared, "More than anything!"  I encouraged her to do something she couldn’t do before. Her legs started to wobble even more. After I laid hands on her I asked her what was going on with her and she said her legs felt lighter and normally they would feel heavy and painful. I told her that when Jesus prayed for someone they acted out their faith by doing something they couldn’t do before. We went inside and she held my hand and I told her to walk. She started to take a step and I let go of her hand and she started to parade around her living room with hands lifted high praising God. I than asked her if she knew she was going to heaven when she died; she said no. I shared the gospel quickly with her and she prayed the prayer of salvation. She was very grateful!

No comments:

Post a Comment