Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Stepping out of the Box

Maggie (14) - Today I went to talk to people in a neighborhood called Cherry Tree. The first time I went there, on Saturday, I was very intimidated by the people. Because of that, I didn't really talk to anyone. I think the intimidation was only part of the reason I was nervous to talk to the people. I'm usually not easily intimidated by people. I'm known as the girl who loves to talk. I think I was so out of my element that I froze. In Denver, I don't think areas like Cherry Tree exist.

So today, I went back to Cherry Tree with Pastor Gregg. This time, I was a little more familiar with the area and the people I was with. So, I had a newfound boldness and prayed with one of the first people we saw to be saved. Even though she was an interesting person (BIG fake eyelashes and fingernails even longer), God accepted her and loved her just the way she was, so I thought I should do the same.
Today I was out of my element, but I decided to let God use me and it paid off in every way.

No comments:

Post a Comment